Address: 26 chemin Parent, La Peche, QC J0X 1A0
(note to GPS users: be sure to enter “La Peche” as town name, and not “Rupert”) Approximately 40 minutes from downtown Ottawa. Please take note: * The exit from Hwy #5 that leads to Wakefield, Ste. Cecile de Masham, and Rupert is not well marked, so pay careful attention to the directions given here. * There are very few gas stations in our area. A new one just opened in Masham, just before you turn onto Ch. de la Beurrerie. I am not sure of their hours of operation so it might still be prudent to gas up before you head this way! View Larger Map
- Take the Nicholas Street exit from the 417 (Queensway).
- Follow the signs to King Edward St. and follow it northward; this becomes Hwy #5 North.
- Continue north on Highway 5 for approximately 35 km.
- Take Exit 28. (The green sign for that exit says: “105 SUD 366 OUEST, La Peche, Route Principale”.)
- The exit ramp leads to a roundabout. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Route Principale E/QC-366 (towards Ste. Cecile de Masham and Lac Phillippe).
- Follow Hwy #366 for approximately 6 km.
- Turn RIGHT onto Ch. de la Beurrerie, just after the GAS PUMPS. (If you pass the Caisse Populaire bank on your left, you have missed the turn off.)
- Follow Ch. de la Beurrerie for another 6 km. (Note: Ch. de la Beurrerie becomes Ch. Des Erables at a kind of Y spot, stay right on the main road).
- At the four-way stop, you are in Rupert! Turn LEFT onto Ch. Parent. (To the right is Shouldice Rd. and goes past the Rupert community centre and on to Wakefield, via a mostly dirt road.)
- We are the eighth house and last house on the RIGHT, about 200 metres from the four way stop. It is a white house with blue trim, #26 on a blue mailbox. If you see a field on your right you missed us.
- Follow the path behind the house to the barn where we will be meeting.
Please park in or west of the driveway to allow my neighbour visibility to exit his driveway. Winter parking may require more specific directions. Please ask. Questions? Call (819) 459-3580.
Transit and other options
Public transport to Wakefield and Masham is now available. Check out www.transcollines.ca for more information. Pick-up from Wakefield or Masham, or other ways of getting you here, can sometimes be arranged. Just ask!